Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summertime Pasta Salad with a kick!

For memorial Day, we had another family come over for a little BBQ. I had made this the week before without the corn and artichokes, that is what is pictured here. But when I made it for the second time, I was lacking some ingrediants so I threw in artichokes,corn and I think black beans too. It was really good both ways! Make sure you try the dressing before putting it on, to check for spiciness, I like mine more spicy so I added crushed red pepper to it! Be creative it's a pasta salad anything goes! Make sure you taste it then salt it before serving.
Spicy Southwestern Pasta Salad
The Recipe
1 lbs. Pasta cooked in salted water drained and cooled do not rinse
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
1 handful mushrooms quartered
1 pkt. ranch dressing mixed according to directions chilled in fridge
1 avacado diced
2 tbs. bacon crumbles
1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1/2 c. frozen sweet corn
1 can black beans drained (optional)
salt/pepper
crushed red pepper
1 sm can green chili verde sauce
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
Combine ranch dressing with green chili verde sauce. Combine rest of ingrediants together except for avocado and bacon. Toss thoroughly, add dressing to your liking. Mix. Top with Avocado, and bacon crumbles.

1 comment:

vicvic said...

This sounds terrific and yummy for this hot weather...
but I came in hunt of a wonderful, heaven-on-your-tongue caramel corn. I'll have to add you to my reader now!