Sunday, June 22, 2008

Who Needs A Panini Press?

Father's day came and went by so fast! I didn't get a chance to make breakfast in bed for Bart so we made him lunch in bed! When I was at Walmart the day before I picked up some "Sundried Tomato dipping oil, with balsamic vinegar" I thought this would give my mayo a nice touch so I mied a bit in to give it a little zest, much better then plain ol' mayo! I don't have a panini press, and I don't plan on getting one. My cast iron grill pan works great! Just add some weight of another pan on top and voila! Panini press! We served his linch with some of his favorites too, Doritos, Coke Zero, and a tea cup of milk for dipping his Oreo's!Homemade panini press!
So yummy, my kids wanted one too!
The recipe
Turkey Panini with Sun dried tomato mayo!
1 crusty french roll cut lenghtwise
2-3 Tbs. Mayo
1 Tbs. Sundried tomato oil
sliced Sharp cheddar cheese
3 -4 thin slices sundried tomato turkey
2 tsp. honey mustard
3 slices dried salami
banana peppers
1 tsp. bacon crumbles
sliced avocado
sliced tomato
Heat cast iron grill pan to med heat. Assemble sandwich to your liking. Spray heated grill with Pam. Place on heated grill and place a heavy pan on top of sandwich. Squish down. Cook for a min. or two then carefully turn over with tongs. Cook 2 mins. Or use a panini press if you have one!

No comments: