Friday, April 25, 2008

Fudgie Wudgie Brownies!!

So I was checking out my girlfriends blog, and she had eaten at this place called "The Farm of Beverly Hills" and apparently they had they best brownies ever! Well I guess enough people agreed with thie statement and requested the recipe from "Epicurious" and lo and behold they posted the recipe. So I thought I'd give it a try beings that the only recipes for brownies i've ever liked are the boxed ones, because they were never cakey. I hate dry cake-like brownies. If I wanted cake, I would make one!! So I gave them a whirl and holy fudgey-ness!!! Forget the frosting, you seriously don't need any, these hold their own, you may however, want to invest in a large glass of ice cold milk to wash it down!!What I loved the most besides their obvious fudge -like qualities, was the hint of saltiness in them.I didn't have to add any extra! I usually change one or two things in recipes that I try, but I can't think of anything I would do differently, except...and some of you may cringe, I would like to try it with some nuts..I'm a very nutty kind of gal, some toasted almonds or pecans would do the trick, or maybe coconut? The possibilities are endless!!! So many choices, I can hardly handle the turmoil going on inside, I may just have to make these again soon. SO Thank you Coleen for the recipe link....I knew your love for sweets could benefit me. A little blurry, but I was in a hurry to eat it!!
Check out the gooey-ness....
The Recipe
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Makes 20 brownies
3 sticks of unsalted butter cut into pieces
12 oz. fine quality bittersweet chocolate-not unsweetened, chopped I used Bakers Semi-sweet
6 large eggs
1 1/4 c. cake flour- not self rising
1 c. plus 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process) I used Hersheys
3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 13x9x2 inch metal baking pan, knock out excess flour. Melt butter with chocolate in a large metal bowl over a double broiler (or a pan of barely simmering water) stirring until smooth. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in eggs 1 at a time. Sift together flour and Cocoa powder in a separate bowl. Add salt and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture, mix well. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven until top is firm and a tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs adhering (40-45 mins) Cool completely in pan on a rack anout 2 hrs, before cutting into 20 squares....if you can wait that long.
Brownies keep layered between wax paper in air tight container, 5 days.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

Yum! These look amazing. Jeremy has been begging me to make brownies all week, but I'm like you, gotta have the boxed mix or it's just not right. These look just right. :)

Nicole said...

Yummy! Everything sounds so good! I am so excited to try your recipes! I have a few already but I want more I love cooking and with Chris being home now I am able too! Love ya!