Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Husbands Favorite Icing...

German Chocolate Frosting
3 egg yolks
1 c. sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
1 1/3 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. almond extract
2/3 c. sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp. salt
Melt butter in sauce pan, add sugar, milk, and egg yolks. Stir until thickened. Add remaining ingrediants. Cool.
If you are not a big coconut fan, no big deal leave it out. And I actually ran out of pecans so I added sliced almonds and it worked just fine, I think it turned out prettier. Also, I love adding salt to my sweets, it takes it to a whole new level, so add the salt and taste, you may want to add more, this was a guesstimate, so start out with a little and then add as needed, I like the flavors to end with a taste of salt, not too much, but you do want to taste it.

No comments: