Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Girl friends

I have to say, growing up I wasn't blessed with an abundance of girlfriends. I had a best friend Sherece-Love ya, and many boy-friends. My best memories are with Sherece, I never laughed like I laughed with her. And we would laugh over the dumbest things, once I was driving and had, had enough of my icecream cone and went to toss it out the passenger window where she was sitting, and wouldn't you just know that the stupid window wasn't down like I thought? It seriously stuck there then slid down to the floor....It probably wasn't as funny as we made it out to be, but that was just us. I still giggle thinking about it...

As an adult, I am over whelmed with the amount of good girlfriends I have. Sherece lives a million miles away now- ok, not a million but Canada feels that far away. And I feel so blessed to have made so many friends since being married. It feels like the competitiveness of the teenager years have pretty much gone away, which has opened up many doors to great friendships. I have in no way replaced Sherece, I've just added a few more friends like her, which makes it easier to be so far from her. I just want to thank all my friends, neaar and far, for being my friend. I know I'm easy to like and everybody pretty much wants to be me....riiight. But seriously, I am grateful for you and your differences I love my life the people in it have made it so wonderful and fun. Thanks Girlfriends....

No comments: